Commercial Land Development Impacting Middle Tennessee
The City of Murfreesboro has always promoted their location of being in the geographic center of Tennessee and the quality of its workforce which is supplemented by graduates from the 24,000 students at Middle Tennessee State University. The Gateway of Murfreesboro is a mixed-use complex of 396 acres. Stonegate Commercial is developing an additional 400 acres that is strategically located adjacent to the I-24 interchange and Medical Center Parkway. The Gateway development is located in the City of Murfreesboro and only 30 miles from Nashville, 25 miles to Nashville International Airport.
Development in The Gateway area includes Class A office, luxury apartments, medical offices, retail and corporate headquarters and an array of restaurants. Additional developments include medical offices, financial institutions, insurance company offices and the new 286 bed 10 story St. Thomas Rutherford Hospital.
- Half a million square feet of existing Class A office space
- Plentiful dining and shopping options at the nearby lifestyle retail center, The Avenue
- 118,000 residents and a mobile workforce of 35,000
- Embassy Suites and Conference Center, a 10 story, 283 room hotel and adjoining an 80,000 square foot conference center
- One of the top scoring school systems in the state
- One of the fastest growing counties in the region
- Largest undergraduate university in the state, Middle Tennessee State University with 24,000+ enrolled students
- Murfreesboro was named by Money Magazine as on the "Top 100 Places to Live" and one of the "Best Places to Raise Kids" by Business Week Magazine
Hensley Station, luxury units, now under construction in Phase II.Â
Opening Summer 2014.
Rutherford County, TN ranks 3rd in U.S. for job growth.Â US Bureau of Labor Statistics, October 2012
General Millsâ€™ Murfreesboro, TN plant will undertake a $132 million expansion and add approximately 80 full-time jobs to increase production of its popular Yoplait yogurt line.